<path-permission android:path="string" android:pathPrefix="string" android:pathPattern="string" android:permission="string" android:readPermission="string" android:writePermission="string" />
- contained in:
- Defines the path and required permissions for a specific subset of data within a content provider. This element can be specified multiple times to supply multiple paths.
- A complete URI path for a subset of content provider data. Permission can be granted only to the particular data identified by this path. When used to provide search suggestion content, it must be appended with "/search_suggest_query".
- The initial part of a URI path for a subset of content provider data. Permission can be granted to all data subsets with paths that share this initial part.
- A complete URI path for a subset of content provider data,
but one that can use the following wildcards:
- An asterisk ('
*'). This matches a sequence of 0 to many occurrences of the immediately preceding character.
- A period followed by an asterisk ("
.*"). This matches any sequence of 0 or more characters.
\' is used as an escape character when the string is read from XML (before it is parsed as a pattern), you will need to double-escape. For example, a literal '
*' would be written as "
\\*" and a literal '
\' would be written as "
\\". This is basically the same as what you would need to write if constructing the string in Java code.
For more information on these types of patterns, see the descriptions of PATTERN_LITERAL, PATTERN_PREFIX, and PATTERN_SIMPLE_GLOB in the PatternMatcher class.
- An asterisk ('
- The name of a permission that clients must have in order to read or write the
content provider's data. This attribute is a convenient way of setting a
single permission for both reading and writing. However, the
writePermissionattributes take precedence over this one.
- A permission that clients must have in order to query the content provider.
- A permission that clients must have in order to make changes to the data controlled by the content provider.
- introduced in:
- API Level 4
- see also:
- Security and Permissions